Effective 1 October 2020
What information do we collect, and how do we collect it?
- When you register on our application, Bandhu collects the personal information you provide us. This includes your name, email address, phone number, date of birth, govt. issued ID number and image of the document, but you can be asked for more information.
- We also automatically collect some information as a condition of using the Bandhu application. This includes your usage data, browsing history and other information.
- To remember your login details and allow you to automatically sign in to the application.
- To remember the information you submitted when you are using the application/website and prevent fraud by verifying user accounts.
- To record information about your activity as you use the application/website. For example, if you enable your location and have skill preferences, we save your location and skills preference to improve your experience on the application/website.
How we use your information
- Bandhu may use your information for several purposes, including:
- To manage user accounts, ensure the delivery of service you need, and request and maintain our existing services
- To contact you to provide with general information, special offers, news through email, telephone calls, SMS, notifications or other forms of communication
- To administer any contract with you for the purchase of the product, items, or services from Bandhu
When would we share your information?
- We may share your information with other groups (like business partners, affiliates, and other users) given that Bandhu has a formal agreement with them or where Bandhu thinks such disclosure is reasonably required:
- To obey any legal proceeding
- To help the lawful authority such as courts or government agency or by law
- If you do not pay any applicable user fees
- To reduce any risk of a lawsuit
- To prevent fraud or wrongdoing through the platform
- Bandhu can share your information without prior consent from you, only if Bandhu is under legal obligation to do so and/or if such action is necessary to safeguard the personal safety of the users/public and/or rights/property of the company.
- You can withdraw your consent to use your data at any time. If you do so, Bandhu will stop collecting any further information about you. We may securely store your existing information in case you want to return to Bandhu in the future.
- If you are registering under Project Swayam, the information you provide may be shared with Aajeevika Bureau to provide better support and benefits.
What are your rights to any content you submit
- You have ownership rights for any content you post in the form of videos, profile, job asks, feedback or other on our service.
- You cannot submit another user’s information without their permission, and you will be solely responsible for any information entered.
- Bandhu can modify, translate, and distribute your content on various networks while maintaining the privacy of your sensitive information. Once you delete or remove the submitted content, it cannot be used by either Bandhu or other users.
What information do we keep with us?
- Bandhu may retain some personal information for internal analysis and to comply with any legal obligations.
Transfer of your information
- You allow Bandhu to maintain and transfer your information in any location where Bandhu operates under the applicable laws of that state, province, or country.
How do we protect personal data?
- Bandhu takes reasonable measures to ensure your data is transmitted and stored securely. Although we strive to protect personal information, like any platform, we cannot guarantee that your information will be 100% secure.
What about users under 18?
- Bandhu does not offer its services to anyone under the age of 18 years and we do not knowingly collect information from children. If you are the parent/guardian and become aware that your child is providing us with personal data, notify us immediately and we will remove such information.
Links to other websites
- Bandhu is not responsible for the content, privacy practice or policies of any third-party website, you access through links on our application/website.