What is Bandhu?
Bandhu is an entrepreneurial venture connecting blue-collar workers and potential migrants with jobs and housing. Having emerged from the robust entrepreneurial ecosystem of Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Bandhu is currently in its early stage of market adoption.
Our work lies at the intersection of sociology, urban planning/policy, data science, real estate finance & economics and has a strong foundation based on intensive fieldwork/on-ground execution.
Whom would you be working with?
You will work alongside a team of recent graduates from MIT (Cambridge, MA) with experience and expertise in urban planning & policy, real estate, public infrastructure and data science. We are geeky about everything ‘urban’ and ‘data’, with a sustained passion for improving rural and urban livelihoods.
Continuing our work from MIT, using rigorous on-field research and data science, we are transferring our knowledge into an entrepreneurial solution.
You will be an essential part of the app design process, using the insights gained from our field team to bring the next stage of our mobile application to life
- 4+ years of experience developing mobile apps using Android SDK with proficiency in Java and Kotlin.
- Expertise with memory management, multithreaded programming and background processing.
- Have worked with SaaS platforms for mobile development such as Analytics, Push Notifications, Cloud Storage, Ad Networks, etc.
- Possess knowledge of Androids debugging, unit-testing, memory and performance optimization tools as well as experience of automated and manual testing platforms.
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform, with a particular focus on product screen-building.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Work with outside data sources and APIs.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Test, debug & review code contributed by external agencies in our current engineering stack - PHP & Android.
PS: We don't accept applications from agencies/recruiters at the moment.