What is Bandhu?
Bandhu is an entrepreneurial venture connecting blue-collar workers and potential migrants with jobs and housing. Having emerged from the robust entrepreneurial ecosystem of Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Bandhu is currently in its early stage of market adoption.
Our work lies at the intersection of sociology, urban planning/policy, data science, real estate finance & economics and has a strong foundation based on intensive fieldwork/on-ground execution.
Whom would you be working with?
You will work alongside a team of recent graduates from MIT (Cambridge, MA) with experience and expertise in urban planning & policy, real estate, public infrastructure and data science. We are geeky about everything ‘urban’ and ‘data’, with a sustained passion for improving rural and urban livelihoods.
Continuing our work from MIT, using rigorous on-field research and data science, we are transferring our knowledge into an entrepreneurial solution.
You will be an essential part of the app design process, using the insights gained from our field team to bring the next stage of our mobile application to life
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform, with a particular focus on product screen-building.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Work with outside data sources and APIs.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes.
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology.
- Communicate technology strategy to partners and investors.
- Test, debug & review code contributed by external agencies in our current engineering stack - PHP & Android/Web
PS: We don't accept applications from agencies/recruiters at the moment.