What is Bandhu?
Bandhu is an entrepreneurial venture connecting blue-collar workers and potential migrants with jobs and housing. Having emerged from the robust entrepreneurial ecosystem of Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Bandhu is currently in its early stage of market adoption.
Our work lies at the intersection of sociology, urban planning/policy, data science, real estate finance & economics and has a strong foundation based on intensive fieldwork/on-ground execution.
Whom would you be working with?
You will work alongside a team of recent graduates from MIT (Cambridge, MA) with experience and expertise in urban planning & policy, real estate, public infrastructure and data science. We are geeky about everything ‘urban’ and ‘data’, with a sustained passion for improving rural and urban livelihoods.
Continuing our work from MIT, using rigorous on-field research and data science, we are transferring our knowledge into an entrepreneurial solution.
You will be an essential part of the app design process, using the insights gained from our field team to bring the next stage of our mobile application to life.
- Work predominantly on the core back-end infrastructure to support scalable applications (PHP Laravel).
- Maintaining the back-end and front-end for every modification (with regards to algorithms, user experience, etc.)
- Deployment & testing of applications in a production environment.
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology.
- Test, Debug & Review code contributed by external agencies in our current engineering stack for PHP.
- Proven experience with PHP, please showcase some of your PHP Apps.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to write bug-free PHP code, along with optimizing pre-written PHP/SQL to bring efficiency to the overall project.
- At least 2 years of design and development experience with PHP (CorePHP, Laravel & CodeIgniter frameworks) in an N-Tier architecture as well as with SQL based databases.
- BSc/BA/BTech in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
PS: We don't accept applications from agencies/recruiters at the moment.